Friday, June 23, 2006

when God surprises you

what a week it has been and God never failed to surprise me in any way in he cares for us.
My emotions have been oon such a rollercoaster this week and then today i was listening to a song that just blew me away completly it is so beautiful it talks abbout the love that Christ has for us and how he gave himself so freely for us.

I ahve to say that it is going to be one of those moments that stick with me forever.
I could not work what my block was as far as God was and it struck me totally this morning in a blinding flash good job that here were angels around the car as i was driving.
My issue at relating to God was to do with that the only way i saw him was as father and not as a lover or husband and becasue of this song I can see him as my lover/husband ( no do not questin me on my stand as far as celibacy) (one step at a time)
I am sure that yoiu are now wondering what this song was now it was sung by natalie grant and it is called becasue of loveit has lines like
above all power above all nature above all treasures in this earth you were there before the world began above all kingdoms of the earth you thought of me
crucified laid behind a stone rejected and alone, like a rose trampled on the ground, youi took the fall and all becasue of me
it was at this point i saw Jesus as my lover and he as mine
so no matter what stress i am in i need to remeber that ti is nothing compared to the hunilitaion that he suffered and all the time i was on his mind
ther eis so much of my mind that is taken up by me and so little that is taken up by jesus, I am so grateful that is my mind and not Jesus's becasue we would be in such a sorry state if Jesus thought only of him there is no way he would ahve gone to the cross

No comments: