Friday, June 16, 2006

information

today was one of those days that has made me think about how I communicate.
Why you maywell ask.
Well i went to work and my boss said to me........ Hope you do not mind!!!!! with intreidation i smiled and said go on thinking am i going to regret this....... But hey i am craving discipleship I thought so time to put my heart where my mouth is.
So he said I have noticed that when you are telling someone something you give them soooooo much unecassary infomation. I sat there for a breif moment and thought now shall i explain myself away of shall i take it an act on it.
in that moment I thought no i am not going to exlain myself away I trust this guy and I want to be a disciple so I must trust my brethren to point out in me areas of growth
so I thank him and Now i ahve been trying to think about what I am saying and if i need to say it..... I am sure that my lovely brethren that know me will be releived and will wait to see the changes and point out if i slip back in to pasive mindless chatter.
Time for all those insecurites of sitting in silence with my brethren to be nailed on the cross ,
I had the joy recently of having hearing aids fitted. And this morning was one of those days where i really appreciated them becasue in the drive in to work i listened and heard many wonderful sounds that i would not have heard before, simple things that i had forgotten like the beauty of the birds singing and i realised that God is the most wonderful musicain, I guess he was preparing me for realising that i do not need to natter away for the sake of it

No comments: