Tuesday, May 08, 2007

thoughts and ponderings

on Sunday morning my mind wandered a little.
I was thinking back over my childrens lives maybe the fact that one of my sons was sat just a few seats away may have triggered my thought pattern.
Any way the guy that was taking the meeting was talking about the need for liberation and freedom, and how we can be opressed and how Jesus's Blood was spilt for our freedom.
As I watched my son in in deep ponderings of his own, My mind took me back over their lives and I felt this emense responsablity for the damage that is clear in all of my children....
God gives us these precious beings to care nurture and Love, and when we are outside of God we damage them. Now the cop out is hey I was damaged how many times have we/ I said hey I am damaged so it is not my fault.......
so now having seen this what can I do well I can not go back in physical terms and live their childhoods all over again.
All I can do is cry out to God and cling on to him with everything that I have. I can continue to give my children back to their heavenly Father and trust that he alone can repair the damage hand in hand with the folks that he has surrounded my family with. And continue to seek forgiveness from my children and My heavenly Father.
So the point of this post is....... well I guess I do not know who reads our posts. And any chance to demonstate that God can move beyond any circumstance .. he can repair any damage.
we have to continue to come back to the cross....
realising that we are a fallen race we will continue to move in our insecurities but as God builds into us love and security more and more we grow u0p in him and move in grace.

Today my relationship with all of my children is the best it has ever been Because God has built into all of us and us undoing teh damage of all our yesterdays and while we are all imperfect we are living out the grace that God in his love chooses to pour into our lives.
so where this could have been a continuation of the past God intervens when we allow him and builds something that can be beautiful.

No comments: